Nearing some sort of finality in this design, I’ve put the circuit in a box. I also put my arduino board in a box, which involved de-soldering the power connector and the header sockets, as well as cutting off the corners with a bandsaw, so I would probably advise using a bigger box if you’re planning on doing the same. Hopefully in the next couple of days I’ll give the main MouseTrap info page an update with the new developments, as well as part numbers for the boxes and all the connectors I used. I decided to go with a standard DC power jack, banana jacks for the DC output and ground, and a binding post to attach the electrode. Definitely an improvement. The boxes also have a solid feel to them without being heavy.